Find Our Most Frequent Questions Below

Our private school located in Côte-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough of Ville de Montréal. Parent inquiries about school registration can view previous question / answers in the registration section.
Questions relating to school activities can be viewed in Parent / Student Support section.
Wikipedia information for parents and students studying in Canada and Quebec. Education in Quebec


How much is the tuition?

Tuition fees listed on application form. The school reserves the right to make changes in the published scale of fees at its discretion without prior notice.
Registration for Summer School commences at the beginning of June. No student visa is required for summer program.

Other fees?
Book Fees,Uniform Fees,Catered Lunch Fees,After School Fees, School Trip Fees
Do you offer a payment plan?

Payment plan schedule: CPI has 3 payment plans as follows:

Please consult application form for registration application fees as per schedule.

Do you accept foreign students?
Students from many different countries have contacted College Prep. Many have become part of our family – pursuing their dreams, focusing seriously on their studies, learning about different cultures from their classmates, being guided by our teachers, accepting and agreeing to observe our conduct, grooming and dress code.
When is the admissions deadline?
Applications are accepted in the month of November only.
What is the application process?

CAQ Application Process: Application for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies in Québec. The new prefered method of applying for a CAQ is the Québec government online process. Review all required prerequisites at Online application for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) for studies.

Student Visa to study in Canada: Application for study permit made outside of Canada. Visit Immigration & Citizenship Canada at Application to Study in Canada, Study Permits

Student Visa Extension / Renewal Applications to extend my stay or remain in Canada. Refer to Extend your study permiton Immigration & Citizenship Canada's website.

What is "Power of Attorney"?

Minor children who are travelling alone must have information (name, address, phone number) about the person or school who will be responsible for them. If the child is the subject of a custody order, proof of custody and the other parent's consent must also be provided. Minors travelling without their parents require a letter of permission from the non-accompanying parent(s) and a letter from their custodian in Canada.

Children coming to Canada to study require a custodianship form until they are of legal age of the province of destination. Legal age varies from one province to another. Children under 18 years of age in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan will require a custodianship form.

What is required to study in English in Quebec?

Foreign students require a CAQ to a qualified Private School.

Canadian Citizens and Quebec residents may apply to a qualified English Private School.

College Prep is an Independent English Private School fully qualified to accept all students for English language instruction regardless of origin.

Do you offer homestays?
Upon inquiry, the school will inform those wishing to apply if a homestay is available. The school is a day school, our students residing with parents, family members, or legal guardians; however a homestay may be possible.


Where is your private school located?

7475 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest, Montreal Quebec H4B 1S3

CPI is located in Montreal, Quebec in the borough of Côte-des-Neiges—Notre-Dame-de-Grâce.

Do you have a school lunch program?
A daily catered nutritional lunch is available to students for a subsidized small fee. They must register for the lunch program. Nutritional snacks and beverages are available for purchase during recess and lunch.
Do you have extra curricular activities and an after school program?
Extra-curricular activities are offered according to student interest. They may include Indoor Soccer, Badminton, Girl’s Flag Football, Ping Pong Tournaments, Foosball Tournaments, Cross Country Running, The Tea Ceremony Club, Student Council Karaoke, Pumpkin Day All-School Team Activities, International Day, Valentines Day, Sports Day, Spring Concert, to name a few.
An After-School Tutoring Program is offered during several months of the year for students in need of extra help who wish to register for a modest fee.
Do you offer school bus service?
Information available upon registration.
Is public transport available to and from the school?
City buses 105 to Vendome Metro, 162 to Villa Maria Metro, 51 to Snowdon Metro, and the Surface Train to the West Island.
Are computers used in the school?
Preparation for the future in modern education necessitates the use of technology. Each classroom is equipped with a Smart Board. The school has a Computer Area which may be used by students before and after school. Teachers may also permit monitored research if useful during class-time.
Students do NOT use cell phones or tablets in our classrooms. Many schools in Canada are beginning to ban their use because they require close supervision and control, and are often a distraction rather than a beneficial tool. Information may be accessed and processed in a variety of other ways, and most students have home computers for research.